Tuesday, July 7, 2009

1st week

I have spent one week in Geneva! Time goes so fast! I wish to stay longer if I could! I find Europe is such a nice place to live although most stuffs are very expensive.

In Geneva, the day time is so long.
The sunrise begins at 6 am, and sunset starts at 10 pm.
European people tend to work less; every store closes around 7 pm, or 7:30 pm the latest.
I got no night life in most of the time, so I stay in my dorm room and try to study for my classes.

My classes have started, and they are very interesting and excited!
Our professor will take us to many international organization here in Geneva; for instance, we will visit United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), International Institute for Sustainable Development, World Health Organization (WHO) and UNICEF, etc. We will also have lunch in these organizations after visiting. How fun!!

When I was in the states, I thought I have seen a lot of things in the world since I have traveled to different countries.

After I arrived Geneva, I realized I was wrong.

This world is so big and there are more things out there that I have to explore.

Also, I really feel like I should do something significant in order to contribute my talents to this world; I hope I will find out what I can offer to the world soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment